Do you hunt? If you do, you know for a fact that your hunting expedition will never be successful without binoculars. However, you cannot use just any type of optics. You need to look for something that fits your purpose – stalking deer.
There are certain things that you should look for when choosing the best binoculars for deer stalking. To help you choose from a wide selection of products, here are the recommended specifications for hunting binoculars:
- Magnification – 10x to 12x is the ideal magnification for hunting large prey such as deer or elk. This way, you can easily gauge the movements of the animal and act fast before it’s too late.
- Objective – 42mm objective lens offers the clearest display through the eyepiece. It enables more light to enter the optics for a clearer picture – in the woods, light can be a limited resource, especially at dusk or dawn.
- Size – for obvious reasons, hunters prefer compact and light binoculars
- Weather Resistance – since you can never be too sure what the weather will turn out to be like, it is best to have water and weatherproof optics.
The Best Binoculars for Deer Stalking
Here some products on Amazon that will work well for this purpose:
- 12x magnification with 50mm objective lens
- High index ED Glass objective lenses
- Nitrogen purged (water and weather proof)
- Metal focus knob and twist-up eye cups
This model can bring you a huge catch for the day. Given all its specifications, spotting a target will be a breeze. More importantly, it weights only 850 grams. This means, you can easily carry it around without any issues.
- 10x magnification with 44 mm objective
- Polycarbonate material for lighter weight
- Improved lens coatings
Weighing only 1.63 lbs., this product is another excellent choice for hunting binoculars. With its specialized HD glass, there’s no reason for you to miss any details.