Kayaking is a great outdoor sports activity that anyone can enjoy. Aside from the pristine waters and feeling of freedom, you also get to enjoy the view of the land from afar, along with any birds and animals that live there. This is where an excellent set of binoculars can come in handy. However, even in calm waters, it is quite difficult to get a steady view using binoculars. Thus, it is of paramount importance to buy the best binoculars that perfectly fit the purpose.
Logic tells us that you will never get a still image while you’re on a kayak or doing any kind of boating. Therefore, your main objective in selecting optics is to look for a product that negates unnecessary motion. Below are some features that can be helpful in your search:
- Heavy Binoculars – this may sound ridiculous but solid and heavy binos are easier to handle while on the water. Lighter optics are easily affected even by the slightest movements.
- Moderate Magnification and Large Objective – a perfect marriage of these two features allow you to enjoy brighter and sharper images.
- Water and Weather Proof – for obvious reasons, it is best to have a product that can survive being submerged in the water.
The Best Items on the Market
Below are some products that you may consider buying for your next kayaking adventure:
Aside from seeing everything that’s around you, this product is also perfect if you want to watch birds from your kayak, as that’s what the product has been designed for. Its lens is fully-coated for maximum brightness. It is also made of durable and waterproof materials for longer use. Additional features include:
- 8x magnification with 42mm objective lens
- A lifetime warranty
- Center focus with slide rubber eye cups
- Wide field of view
This item is another option that you may want to consider due to the following features, in addition to the very affordable price tag:
- Water and fog-proof
- 8x magnification with 25mm objective lens
- Multi-coated optics for sufficient brightness
- 12 mm eye relief for comfortable viewing