Exploring the wild is on everyone’s bucket list. What better way to embrace nature than going on a safari adventure into the deep jungle, such as that of Costa Rica, full of wild animals? Sure, it’s exciting. However, you don’t want to get too close to these beasts, right? This is where having a perfect pair of binoculars comes in. These will provide you a closer and clearer view of the jungle wildlife without having to risk your life.
Choosing the Best Binoculars for Jungle Safari
When choosing binoculars suited for the wild, below are the top things to be looking for:
- Magnification – If you really want to see the details of a parrot’s plume, higher magnification is suggested. Meaning, you may want to consider up to 12x zoom, though anything above that will be impossible to hold steady.
- Field of view – generally speaking, a higher field of view allows you to catch as much of the action as possible.
- Size – aside from binoculars, you will be carrying a bunch of luggage and cameras too. Thus, it is smart to opt for a compact yet powerful pair of optics.
- Toughness – the wild has the most unforgiving terrain. Therefore, choose a product that won’t “magically disassemble” itself half way through your tour.
- Moisture resistance – the jungle is well known for its damp, foggy and rainy climate. Get binoculars that will not cloud up from the inside, or else they will become useless. And if you plan to go kayaking, you better ones that are completely waterproof.
Best Models for Your Trip
- 10x magnification with 42mm objective translates to good detail with enough brightness even under the canopy of the rainforest
- Fully Broadband Multi-Coated lenses for vivid color and sharp contrast
- Rubber-coated on the outside for protection while in the wild
- Nitrogen purged – waterproof and fog proof against the dampness of the rainforest
If you’re looking for a perfect companion for your most anticipated tour, this can be the best option for your money.
This product is quite similar to the Celestron. It also has 10x magnification. However, it has 50mm objective lenses that allow more light to come in which in turns means that you get brighter images. Weighing only 1.6 pounds while protected by rubber armor, this item is one of best binoculars for jungle safari out there. Other features include:
- America’s Best Binocular Warranty
- Field of View: 262 ft at 1,000 yards
- High Definition Optics and ED Glass